When it comes to consumer trust, businesses can’t take chances. If customers don’t trust your business, they won’t do business with you. It’s critical for business owners to seek out opportunities to deepen trust with their customers. In this webinar, audience members will learn practical tips in building long-lasting relationships, proactive communication and how to integrate relationship-building practice into everyday business activity.
- Why trust is critical and what business leaders can do about it
- Everyday opportunities to build long-term customer relationships
- Developing a practical plan of action for enhancing customer relations
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- This webinar is aimed at small businesses throughout NSW, and has a capacity to host up to 500 people.
- This webinar is for business owners who have just started a business.
- This webinar will take place on Zoom, click above to register. You will receive the Zoom link in an email prior to the workshop. This will be a live online event.
- Attending and logging into the live zoom will come out of your allocated business connect hours.
This session is provided through the Business Connect program. Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start, run, adapt or grow your small business.
To attend the workshop we require you to be registered in Business Connect. A team member from Realise Business will be in touch with instructions if you are not registered.
Realise Business provides confidential, independent business advice and skills training for small businesses across Northern, Eastern, Southern and Central Sydney, as part of the NSW Government’s Business Connect program.
YOUR PRESENTER – MEGAN HAUPTFLEISCH
Realise Business is Not-for-Profit, and funded by all levels of Government, which means you can get advice from our highly experienced business advisors for a fraction of the cost of private business coaching. Find out more
By attending this event you agree that Realise Business may use photographs or video footage taken of yourself during the event for marketing purposes; including DVD production, posting on the Realise Business website, and or social media platforms, or for future
Realise Business events.