- The difference between an P&L and cash flow (it’s all in the timing).
- Why highly profitable companies go bust – profit is just an accounting concept so an owner’s focus should be on the actual cash they receive.
- Where a cash flow forecast fits in the scheme of things, when it should be prepared / who does it – your accountant or bookkeeper etc.
- Timing and seasonality; and how cash can become negative, despite profit being positive month on month.
- No advanced excel skills required – An example run through / screen cast for populating your own cash forecast.
- What to do if there’s a shortfall in the future: this will include becoming more efficient with invoicing and collecting debtors, timing purchasing more carefully, seeking finance well in advance of needing it etc.