Many businesses utilise contractors in the belief that they are more protected than if they utilise the employee/employer relationship. This is a misconception.
In this informative talk, HR professional Kathryn MacMillan from 923|Recruitment & HR, breaks through this misconception and explains how in many cases you can be more at risk from using Contractors in your business than using Employees. An ABN does not mean the worker is a true independent contractor. And, what about Super payments? Do you need to pay this or not? Could you be prosecuted under the terms of ‘Sham contracting’? Get the facts about using contractors and protect your business. This is a must attend event for any business that utilises contractors currently or is considering taking workers on in a contracting agreement.
- How to identify the different types of employment relationships such as employees; casuals, permanents and true independent contractors
- Understand why the misconception of the risk/ratio is perpetuated by businesses and what you can do to protect yourself
- Learn about superannuation as well as Workers Compensation implications
- Understand how contracting relationships can break down and what the implications are when the relationship is questioned
- Receive the tools to help you deal with workers who request that they be taken on as contractors and learn about general HR protections that apply to all workers regardless of status.
HR Series Part 3
Don’t miss the final talk in this dynamic HR series – on 15 Nov 17 – How To Conduct Performance Management Meetings – Book here
About Our Presenter
[widgetkit id=”101″ name=”Expert Speaker – Kathryn MacMillan | Nine2Three Employment Solutions Pty Ltd”]
[widgetkit id=”87″ name=”Funded by ASBAS”]