Get your business off the ground at speed! Do you have a business idea but are unsure where to start? Let’s make 2018 your year for new business success.Whether you are in the process of starting a new venture or simply have an idea and don’t know what to do next, this workshop is sure to provide you with everything you need to know to setup your new business and hit the ground running. Our expert Business Advisors will be able to assist you in understanding and actioning all the fundamentals to starting your business; beginning with developing an understanding of what it takes to start, run and grow a business to determine if business is the right path for you. In the afternoon, you’ll go through all the fundamentals of managing your money in business including: Tax basics, P&L and Business Activity Statements.
What’s on Offer?
- An exciting day of workshops, split into 2 x 3 hour sessions with the option to attend either one or both sessions; all at a subsidised rate
- Morning Session – Business Startup Planning with Business Advisor Katherine Blizard
- Light lunch & refreshments provided for morning session participants who are staying on for the afternoon session
- Afternoon Session – Understanding How to Manage Your Money in Business with Finance expert, Owen Rogers
- Subsidised by the NSW Government through the Business Connect program
- Perfect for those intending on starting a business to gain valuable insight into the correct ways to setup their new venture
Morning Session – Business Startup Planning
10am – 1pmNo matter what type of business you are thinking about, this content-rich workshop gives you the essential information to help you start your business. Our presenter will give you tips and knowledge to enable you to build your business on a solid base. You’ll learn about what it takes to start, run and grow your business and how to make an informed decision about whether owning a business is right for you. Learning Outcomes
- Gain a wide-ranging view of the key areas you will need to start and manage a business and ensure successful outcomes
- Undertake a feasibility check on your business idea
- Better understand the financial aspects of managing your business
- Gain an understanding of your business compliance responsibilities
- Become aware of the roles of a business owner
About Our Presenter
1pm – 1.30pm A light lunch and refreshments will be available for participants of the morning session who are staying on to attend the afternoon session.
Afternoon Session – Understanding How to Manage Your Money in Business
1.30pm – 4.30pmDo you need expert advice on how to manage your money in business? If yes, then this is the workshop for you! Understanding your financial needs, your tax requirements and the various accounting tools available is an important part of successful operations and longevity in your business. In this 2.5-hour interactive workshop, let finance expert Owen Rogers share his expertise on how best to manage your business finances. This workshop is for business owners who wish to understand the basics of accounting and finance for their business; or for those who wish to have a better understanding of their financial requirements. Learning Outcomes
- Tax basics for your business
- Do you really need an accountant? Analysis of various accounting tools to determine the best tool for your business
- DIY Business Activity Statement (BAS)
- Gain a deeper understanding of profit and loss and balance sheets for business
About Our Presenter[widgetkit id=”161″ name=”Business Advisor – Owen Patrick Rogers”]
Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start or grow your small business Find out more.
MEDIA RELEASE: By attending this event you agree that Realise Business may use photographs or video footage taken of yourself during the event for marketing purposes; including DVD production, posting on the Realise Business website, and or social media platforms, or for future Realise Business events.