Information Sharing and Disclosure
When you interact with Realise Business Pty Ltd, either via the website or by other means such as the telephone, email or in person, information is obtained with the purpose of providing quality service delivery.
The information you provide and we maintain enables us to supply personalised products and services that are customised to your needs.
When you browse the website, our internet service provider automatically makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your IP address
- Top level domain name (e.g. .com.au, .net, .gov, .au etc)
- The type of browser and operating system you used
- Date and time of your visit
- The pages of the website you accessed
- The time spent on individual pages and the site overall
- Files downloaded
- The previous site visited
No other information is collected from visitors and no attempt will be made to identify you and your browsing activities personally, except, in the unlikely event of a law enforcement investigation, where an agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our internet service provider logs.
When registering for our newsletter, workshops or completing any other forms on our website, we maintain your email address and other pertinent information regarding your subscription, to process payments, issue tax receipts, send updates on our events and training opportunities, or other relevant form based requests.
We may allow selected vendors the opportunity to send offers and information that we deem to be of potential value to you through their own service. However, your contact information is never released or sold to any vendor, partner or outside agency.
Realise Business Pty Ltd is partially funded by the NSW Department of Trade and Investment, Regional Infrastructure and Services (DTIRIS) and as a requirement of that funding we may be required from time to time to provide basic details of the businesses that attend our programs such as workshops, business advice sessions, and other programs. Details, such as business name, contact name ABN industry, size of business and geographical location, are used for audit purposes and / or to conduct surveys of businesses to assess the quality of services delivered. Our Training program receives Federal Government funding and as such we may be required to provide basic business details in our reports. Generally, such information is aggregated across larger geographical areas. No specific information about individual businesses in regards to issues discussed or workshop topics are provided. Where details of a more specific nature are to be included in funding reports owners are asked to give their consent.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identify your browser or device. What are cookies used for?
Cookies allow a site or services to know if your computer or device has visited that site or service before. Cookies can then be used to help understand how the site or service is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences, and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
What types of cookies does Realise Business use?
There are generally four categories of cookies: “Strictly Necessary,” “Performance,” “Functionality,” and “Targeting.” Realise Business routinely uses all four categories of cookies on the Service. You can find out more about each cookie category below.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Service and use its features, such as accessing logged in or secure areas.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow us to remember how you’re logged in, whether you chose to no longer see advertisements, whether you made an edit to an article on the Service while logged out, when you logged in or out, the state or history of Service tools you’ve used. These cookies also allow us to tailor the Service to provide enhanced features and content for you and to remember how you’ve customized the Service in other ways, such as customizing the toolbars we offer in the right column of every page. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous, and they are not used to track your browsing activity on other sites or services.
- Targeting Cookies. Realise Business, our advertising partners or other third party partners may use these types of cookies to deliver advertising that is relevant to your interests. These cookies can remember that your device has visited a site or service, and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites or services other than Realise Business. This information may be shared with organizations outside Realise Business, such as advertisers and/or advertising networks to deliver the advertising, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, or other business partners for the purpose of providing aggregate Service usage statistics and aggregate Service testing.
How long will cookies stay on my device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
First and third party cookies
First-party cookies are cookies that belong to Realise Business, third-party cookies are cookies that another party places on your device through our Service. Third-party cookies may be placed on your device by someone providing a service for Realise Business, for example to help us understand how our service is being used. Third-party cookies may also be placed on your device by our business partners so that they can use them to advertise products and services to you elsewhere on the Internet.
How to control and delete cookies
If you want to delete cookies follow these instructions. If you wish to disable your browser from receiving cookies follow these instructions. Note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our Service and other parts of our Service may not work properly. You can find out more information about cookie settings at third-party information sites, such as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Your email address information is stored in a protected directory. Access is restricted to employees of Realise Business Pty Ltd. Financial Members are entitled to list their business contact details on our Business Directory on this website and do so at their own risk for marketing purposes.
Updating and Accessing Your Personal Information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is relevant, accurate, complete and up-to-date. If your details change, or if you believe the information we hold for you is not accurate or complete, please login to update your profile.
We will provide you with reasonable opportunity to access your own personal information. Exceptions to your right to access your own information may include situations where legal proceedings are such that denying access is either required by law or is a legal right that Realise Business Pty Ltd can exercise.
Withdrawal of Consent
Unsubscribe information is provided in all our mailings, giving you the option to remove yourself from our mailing lists at any time.
Realise Business Pty Ltd reserves the right to amend this policy at any time. If significant changes are made in the way your personal information is used, we will post a prominent announcement on this website notifying you of the change.
The Privacy Commissioner
Advice about legislative responsibilities of the use of websites and the collection and treatment of personal information can be found on the Privacy Commissioner’s web site: www.privacy.gov.au.