Westmead Foot Clinic take positive steps for customer retention
Westmead Foot Clinic has been established since 2002, providing expert services to Westmead locals, as well as to the wider Parramatta and Sydney community who come to Westmead to consult health and medical practitioners.
Business owner and podiatrist Amelia Fryc had steered operations through challenging times before, including the compulsory acquisition of the premises in 2018. However, the unprecedented situation in 2020 prompted her to seek advice from the Realise Business team.
Amelia and Realise Business Advisor Sue Walsh have been working on a marketing and communications campaign to retain the podiatry practice’s substantial customer base.
“My business has been greatly impacted by COVID-19 and Realise Business has been going above and beyond working with me to develop and implement communication strategies to build awareness, customer retention and loyalty. I have been overwhelmed by the support of the Realise Business Advisor Sue Walsh in assisting me to develop and implement a communications plan and I’m really happy with the results. This included an email campaign sent to all our clients generating 6 new bookings and an open rate of just under 50%. A terrific result from just one campaign” said Amelia.
As an established and successful business, Westmead Foot Clinic have developed a number of strategies and programs that will address the changing needs of their clients, which has focused on advising all existing customers that the practice is still open for business, which is especially crucial for customers who have diabetes and elderly patients who need ongoing foot care. This includes:
- Raising awareness of the COVID-19 measures the practice has put in place for social distancing and hygiene
- Letting customers know the business has added a new ‘home visit’ service in accordance with national health guidelines. While some healthcare professionals have embraced telehealth (medical review and advice via telephone), Amelia believes that the more appropriate option for podiatrists treating chronic foot conditions in elderly patients is home visits. Westmead Foot Clinic’s home visits have enabled the practice to enhance their healthcare delivery to their customers, most of whom are aged 65 plus and many have restricted mobility. It means that the customers receive extra value services during this challenging time.
- Offering the use of a dedicated parking space, both adding value to the business and making it more accessible to customers
- Providing BUPA Members First reductions and accepting all major private health funds
- Updating their website, reviewing search engine optimisation (SEO) and linking to social media pages
- Using their client database to send emails including inactive customers
- Developing campaigns on social media including Facebook and Instagram and adding a Book Now button, making it quick and easy for customers to book appointments
- Monitoring customer interactions with the website by setting up a Google Analytics account
Westmead Foot Clinic’s focus on retaining and building relationships with its customers is relevant now and as a foundation for future growth. The practice is also working with Realise Business to plan for a period of eased restrictions and the post-pandemic future.
For more information on Westmead Foot Clinic’s full range of services or to make a booking visit www.westmeadfootclinic.com.au