The Vinnies North Parramatta shop is looking for corporate partners. As a landmark Church Street institution for many years, it provides quality pre-loved goods to the community at affordable prices, and uses the income generated to fund St Vincent de Paul services and programs that support Australia’s most vulnerable.
Parramatta workers and residents love to support Vinnies through the donation of goods, but the store needed to review their delivery strategy and devise new collection methods to accommodate a number of construction projects in the area including Parramatta Light Rail.
After meeting with Realise Business advisor Sara Berry, the Vinnies team have been working with her on exploring and implementing off-site corporate partnership donation opportunities.
Realise Business has come on board with advice and strategies to ensure that donation levels remain strong. The consultation included advice on increasing awareness of the shop’s existence to encourage potential shoppers and donors.
A strategy was developed to generate quality donations through partnerships with local businesses that can host a donation collection station and encourage their staff to donate with them.
That’s where Vinnies North Parramatta needs your assistance.
To get involved and become a Vinnies corporate donation partner:
- Contact Vinnies on 0409 228 646 to discuss options for your business to become a collection station host.
- Vinnies will deliver a clean Otto style bin with suitable branding to store all your donations.
- Encourage staff and patrons of your business to contribute suitable donations.
- Once all donations have been received, Vinnies will arrange to collect the donations.
- Your generously donated preloved goods will be offered for sale at Vinnies North Parramatta or surrounding shops.
Parramatta’s cycle of giving
The St Vincent de Paul Society has reached out to Australia’s disadvantaged for 165 years and provides much-needed services within the Parramatta area and beyond. But, just like all organisations, there are new ways of doing things and Realise Business will continue to work with Vinnies North Parramatta to develop strategies that will solidify the store’s ongoing success.
If you are a local business that hopes to help – or would like some advice on developing plans to reach more customers – get in contact with Sara from the Realise Business team today.